- A Sales Consultant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and product knowledge to help maintain the store’s image and drive sales performance of The Bike Way, Inc. To promote The Bike Way’s mission, values, and standards. To continually train on new products through Rep Clinics, Educational Videos by Distributors, Educational Materials and Supervisors to enhance product knowledge. Ensure the store is properly merchandised to plans that present a clean and welcoming appearance. Maintain a clean work area and assist in keeping the store presentable. Also items as described by supervisor. As a sales consultant you are a large part of our customer experience, therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure each individual receives unparalleled support throughout there entire relationship with The Bike Way.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Basic knowledge of bicycles and cycling industry.
- Proficiency with Computers & Microsoft Office products.
- Must be cycling enthusiast.
- Prior sales or customer service experience.
- Prior bicycle shop experience.
- Knowledge of product line & industry.
- Clearly explain and demonstrate products to customers.
- Utilize sales training to achieve a superior level of product knowledge and high level of personal sales.
- Apply customer service skills to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Process sales, returns, layaways, special orders, and void transactions.
- Provide feedback to the Store Manager on ideas to increase sales.
- Responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population of co-workers & supervisors.
- Excellent sales skills and a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to multitask and work with many customers at one time.
- Dedication to get the job done right.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time (Up to 10hrs).
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Must be able to ride bicycles.