- The Service Mechanic (SM) is responsible for providing mechanical repairs; maintenance and warranty work to bicycles and other merchandise of The Bike Way. SM is responsible for seeing all repair work orders to completion. This can involve calling customers, ordering parts, calling manufacturers, finding missing parts & etc. SM is responsible for following all store policies and procedures. To maintain a clean work area, put away tools after usage and assist in keeping the store presentable. SM will be expected to continually attend training sessions to enhance mechanical skills and familiarity of products. SM is expected to stay up to date on all training videos provided by product distributors (S-TEC & Etc.) To promote The Bike Way’s mission, values, and standards. Also items as described by supervisor.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prior mechanical or assembly experience & aptitude.
- Proficiency with Computers & Microsoft Office products.
- Must be cycling enthusiast.
- Prior bicycle mechanic or assembly experience.
- Previous professional experience working with hand & power tools.
- Knowledge of product lines & industry.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population of co-workers & supervisors.
- Mechanically inclined and solid problem solving abilities.
- Present a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to multitask and work with many customers at one time.
- Dedication to get the job done right.
- Complete repairs, maintenance of bicycles, and install accessories in a timely manner.
- Ensure understanding of customers needs and clearly explain any concerns.
- Apply customer service skills to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Process parts sales and check in/out bikes following proper procedures.
- Provide feedback to the Supervisor on ideas to improve the department.
- Ability to stand, sit and use hands for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Exposure to various chemicals such as grease and cleaning solutions.
- Must be able to ride bicycles.