- A Bicycle Assembler is responsible for the timely and accurate building of bicycles for resale at The Bike Way, Inc. They are a vital part in maintaining customer expectations regarding our new bicycles through excellent assembly. Maintain a clean work area and assist in keeping the department presentable. Bicycle assemblers are responsible for following all company policies and procedures. Promote The Bike Way mission, values, and standards. Also items as described by supervisor.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Basic knowledge of bicycles and cycling industry.
- Prior mechanical or assembly experience.
- Must be cycling enthusiast.
- Previous professional experience working with hand tools.
- Professionally assembled bicycles previously.
- Promote The Bike Way mission, values, and standards.
- Mechanically inclined and solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population of co-workers & supervisors.
- Present a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to multitask and change focus as needed.
- Dedication to get the job done right.
- Continually be open to ongoing coaching and training to better yourself and the Assembly process.
- Provide feedback to the Supervisor on ideas for improvement.
- Be able to lift up to 75 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Be able to stand during entire shift usually 6-9 hrs
- Exposure to various chemicals such as grease and cleaning solutions.
- Ability to think critically & analyze unique situations on an individual basis.
- Must be able to ride bicycles.